I started work this week. So far, I have filled out a lot of paperwork, used the laser cutter, built a site model, and flipped through four magazines. Today was a slow day, since I finished the site model yesterday and haven't received any new tasks yet. Had I known it would take so long for them to think of things for me to do, I would have worked slower on the model. But in general, I like it here. Beginning next week, I will be in charge of my own model shop (it's being built right now). The resources here are mind-boggling. I will have a laser cutter to myself, and they are also considering buying a 3d printer.
At home, we are slowly getting organized. I measured the living room, dining area, and bedroom yesterday so we can buy furniture this weekend. In addition to measuring the rooms, we also pulled out the measuring tape when Adam suddenly thought we had the wrong-sized mattress. But after taking a few measurements and comparing it to a full-sized sheet, it's confirmed that the mattress is the queen we wanted. After sleeping on it for a week, I thought we were satisfied with this purchase. But apparently, buyer's remorse can attack at any moment. I think we are satisfied again (for now).
Tonight we went to a fancy dinner because Adam's company bought a tickets to an award ceremony for a local developer. It was a good dinner, but we had to sit through a 'friendly roast' and an acceptance speech from a guy we never met. Adam thinks he saw the guy on an infomercial about getting rich selling real estate. ('Get rich the Frank Martin way!')
Friday, October 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You need to explain the laser cutter and the 3D printer to me when we talk on the phone again.
Mom
Post a Comment