Today I got my new driver's license. It took a couple hours of waiting, which wasn't surprising since everyone is telling me that 6000 Californians are moving to Vegas every minute or something. As soon as I drove into the parking lot and saw all the cars backed up and parallel parking by the curb, I knew it was going to take a while.
I'm lucky that I could get my driver's license at all, because up until 16 hours ago, all the necessary documents were locked away in storage. But thanks to my excellent brother, who drove from Los Angeles to The Valley, dug around in the garage, and FedExed them to me, my only concern was the long wait. And considering that I don't start work until next week, sitting around and reading a book is what I'm doing anyway.
I was sad to relinquish my Washington State driver's license, since I still think of myself as a Washingtonian (even during my four years in L.A.).
Thursday, October 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Does it make you a Las Vegasian now? (Navadaian? Nevadaite?)
P.S. Love your blog. Very informative and entertaining. I'm already addicted to it.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment