Yesterday was a very long day. It started around 4am (in Los Angeles), when the house woke up and got Adam's mom and aunt packed into two cars (one for people, another for luggage) and to the airport by 5am. I somehow slept until five minutes before everyone left. Which was just enough time to say goodbye and go back to bed. Poor Adam came back from the airport and slept a couple hours before he got up to pack the rest of his things. He let me sleep for an extra hour. Then we loaded up the truck, ran some errands, and left the Valley. Adam was driving the truck, and I was in the Lexus.
Then we went to my brother's place in West Hollywood. He had been holding some of my things while I was in London and moving around Los Angeles. Finally can take them from him now. He also had a few boxes of things he didn't need anymore. Some of which are mysterious Japanese products. I had to take pictures and email them to him so he can ask his girlfriend about them and get back to me.
Then we headed to my uncle's house in the Inland Empire. On the way, we stopped at Ikea and bought a shelf and considered buying a dining set and bedroom set. We sat and tested and matched materials. But in the end, I decided I didn't love them enough to actually own them so I passed. In the As Is section (my favorite part of Ikea) we found a large board we will use as a big computer table. One end needs to be sawed off since the board is broken and it's too big anyway, but it was only $10. I guess my furniture-buying philosophy goes like this:
if (price == really cheap or really expensive)
{ buy}
else
{wait for something really cheap or really expensive}
After Ikea we went to my uncle's house and loaded up the truck some more. My things have been sitting in his storage sheds for the past 9 months. After putting my hand through a thick spider web and through a cocoon, I got creeped out and poked around for my stuff using only my forefingers. I suspect this searching tactic caused me to overlook one of my boxes because I can't find my pens now. I blame those wretched insects.
After all this (around 6pm), we drove to Vegas. I had it easy in the Lexus with the DaVinci Code on CD. Adam, on the other hand, only had an AM/FM radio and a cell phone for entertainment. We arrived at home around 9:30pm. Then we unloaded the truck into the garage, moved some things upstairs, took showers, and finally went to bed.
Today I have moved more things upstairs, unpacked and cleaned. The dishwasher, which we haven't used before, is getting a workout today. It's working on its third load.
Tomorrow is my first day of work so I can get started on replenishing my pen collection.
Monday, October 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment