Lately I have been really interested in visiting supermarkets in other countries. They seem to offer a nice snapshot of a foreign culture, and I like to see how things are marketed. So when Dana had to get some ingredients for Passover dinner, I asked to tag along. Imagine my delight when whole sections were wrapped in green plastic because those products weren't "Kosher for Passover."
I liked the pasture scenes on the yogurt containers.
Even familiar items are interesting when they have Hebrew labels.
We also went with Adam's father, Ned, to buy prepared foods.

Here's a pita machine. The pitas are falling from the conveyor belt above. Pitas from heaven!

1 comment:
Can I just say that I thought I was the only one who did this!! I love going to supermarkets in other countries for precisely the same reason! I used to spend hours going to Thai, Indonesian, Nepali, Indian, Chinese, Mexican supermarkets just to browse the shelves looking at what they call their products and wondering as what some of them actually are. V cool!!
Post a Comment