Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Passover 2011: Jerusalem

Dana planned a trip to Jerusalem for us during our vacation in Israel.  We started at the Mormon university, which had a great view of the city.

Then we spent the rest of the time walking through the Old City.
Heathens!  The Segallas contemplate (leavened) bread during Passover.
It was a close contest, but the most crowded place we visited was the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.  See the crowd in this little plaza?  They will eventually squeeze into that door on the left.
Thankfully, it wasn't so crowded inside (It's a miracle!).
Here is the stone where Jesus' body was prepared for burial.

A painting next to the stone:
I don't think we meant to visit the Western Wall, but after walking the Via Dolorosa the (foot) traffic jam kind of lead us to it anyway.
Leaving Jerusalem, we passed by this bridge by Calatrava.  Since we were stuck behind a very long stoplight, and since I was still in tourist mode, I have about two dozen photos of this bridge.  Here are a select two:

No comments: