Saturday, November 17, 2007

As promised, the Promised Land

Almost two months after our trip, I am finally posting pictures from Irsael. As mentioned before, I lost my luggage on the flight back to the US. So when I look at these pictures now, not only am I remembering our vacation, but I'm also remembering my lost summer wardrobe.

Part one: the places
We had a nine-hour layover in Madrid on the way to Israel. It was enough time for us to visit the Prado Museum and stop at a coffee shop for some Spanish-style hot chocolate.


When we arrived in Tel Aviv, we spent a day exploring Jaffa (the Old City in Tel Aviv).


Jaffa has an excellent view of Tel Aviv.


Afterward, we went to the office of Segalla Architects, where we put the new espresso machine to use.


Of course, we stayed at Nero's house.


Next, we went to Jerusalem.


We toured the Supreme Court of Israel.


We also saw the Holocaust Museum, which was designed by Moshe Safdie.


We also stopped at the Western Wall, which was particularly festive since it was right after Yom Kippur.


Here we're covered in mud and floating in the Dead Sea.


Max Brenner: a dessert cafe specializing in chocolate!


Overlooking Haifa.


Acco, where Adam went to school.


Uri and Dana's house in Tel Aviv. That's Jonathan.


Next time: food in Israel!

No comments: