I bought these stamps thinking they had something to do with Hanukkah. Apparently not. So now I'm using them for cards sent to my Christian/American friends, because I still don't know what it means but they're worth 41 cents each.
This is the second time that I try to comment: Eid in Arabic means holiday. (in Hebrew: Hag) The second word is Mubarak like the name of Egypt's president, meaning "blessed" The script contains many ornaments that look like Arabic letters, but are meaningless. The intention is to say Happy holiday. This year Chanukah, Cristmas and the Islamic holiday fall at the same month, and Moslims, unlike Jews have very few holidays. For 41 cents you got yourself a real multylingual bargain! Bless you!
2 comments:
I think it might be an Islamic feast day? Look: http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_1861672810/Eid.html
This is the second time that I try to comment:
Eid in Arabic means holiday. (in Hebrew: Hag)
The second word is Mubarak like the name of Egypt's president, meaning "blessed"
The script contains many ornaments that look like Arabic letters, but are meaningless.
The intention is to say Happy holiday.
This year Chanukah, Cristmas and the Islamic holiday fall at the same month, and Moslims, unlike Jews have very few holidays.
For 41 cents you got yourself a real multylingual bargain!
Bless you!
Post a Comment