Monday, January 08, 2007

Last wedding ever
We went to Israel a couple weeks ago. It was my first trip there, but parts of it reminded me strongly of Taiwan. The houses are built in a similar fashion, and with similar building materials. The dogs, however, were much bigger than Taiwanese dogs.














Adam with Nero.













Me with Livia.
For most of the week, the weather was cold and rainy. No one particularly felt like walking around outside, but we figured we could get a little wet for good falafel.













We took day trips to Haifa and Jerusalem. In Haifa, Calia acted as tour guide and took us to get shwarma, visit Erella, and enjoy a few scenic spots. Haifa was really cold, but beautiful.



























Israel (Adam's uncle) organized tours for us in Jerusalem. Our little caravan included Israel, Dafna, Daniel, Katie, Calia, Dana, Mori, Adam and me.













We saw the City of David, the Davidson museum, and several famous historic sites.































The morning of the wedding, Adam took me to his hairdresser friend who gave me the most intricate hairdo I have ever had.













Dana's friend, Noa, did my makeup. I'm lucky Adam's family is so well-connected.













After a morning of grooming, I was ready to get married (again).


















We had a mock ceremony, dancing and food with several of friends and family members.

















































I had a wonderful time in Israel and really enjoyed meeting all of Adam's family and friends. Looking forward to going back.

p.s. If anyone is interested, James put slideshows from our Seattle wedding on his website.

No comments: